Friday, September 4, 2015

Prep, Prep, Prep, and More Prep

Prep, prep, prep, and more prep…that is what I’m about today. I’m getting ready to start my journey back to health. My planned start date is Monday, September 7 (it’s always a Monday right?) My body is craving this and I looking forward to starting. I do have some major prepping to do however and I’m in the middle of that right now. It’s a complete lifestyle over-haul! I don’t think you can decide to do something as major as this one day and jump in the next. You need to prep, and in more ways than one.

Prep 1:  I need to prep my kitchen. Take out all that isn’t good and re-stock with all the good stuff. I’ll be following the 7 day plan to start so week one will be easy! I’ve already started this…it takes some time!
Prep 2: I need to prep my freezer. I have made little freezer bags of ready-made smoothies so they are available when I’m in a rush. NO EXCUSES here my friends. I have been making freezer bags and organizing my freezer with fruits and veggies. This time of year is great to get all the fresh local stuff.

From my very own garden!

This is kale from my very own garden, then I packed it up and made ready to go freezer smoothies!


Freezer ready!

Prep 3: I need to prep my family. I have been talking about this to my friends and family so they know exactly what is going on. I don’t need any extra pressures at birthday parties or family dinners. It’s great accountability too…you know they will be asking.

Prep 4: I need to prep my mind. This is the most important one. You have to be mentally ready. I mean really ready. I keep telling myself this is it. I’m going to do this and it is going to be great. This time feels different too (because believe me I’ve tried to start many times). This time I feel really ready.
OK so here goes. The beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment