Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 1

Ok I managed to get through week 1, sort of!

So the first couple of days were also my first days back to work after summer vacation (I'm a teacher) and maybe putting those two events together were not the best idea. I felt tired and a bit sad all week. I had gained weight over the summer and was sure the people around me noticed. After about two days the sadness turned to anger. I was angry that I had done this to myself and wanted it fixed yesterday. My husband reminded me that I didn't put the weight on over night (although it felt that way) I wasn't going to be able to take it off over night. Argh. I hate when he's right!

I stuck to my plan and on some days I felt hungry because I couldn't eat when I needed to. I'm still trying to work out when I can eat at school. Breakfast is about 7:30 and lunch is at 11:00 and that seems to be too long right now to go between smoothies. I have a five minute break between classes but I need to travel across the school and this week  I didn't have time for another smoothie. So I need to figure something out there.

I'm thinking also I was a bit hungrier that normal because I'm still transitioning. The few days before I started I began to cut out some unhealthy foods but there is a transition none the less.

My daysconsisted of green smoothies/thickies (thickies because I always added a filler or protein to make it a meal) for breakfast and lunch. Then I would have a huge salad with some protein for dinner. One day I had a tiny bit of corn and gluten free pasta but not much in the way of grains at all. On two days I needed to have a banana for a snack...mostly because it was there and I love bananas!

So here comes the sort of part!

On Saturday night I went to my parents's place for dinner (that's always a problem for food!). I brought my salad already to go so I would have no excuses. My family is Italian and my mom usually makes her own meat balls. They never have any junk in them so I decided to have a few as my protein in my salad. They were good but tasted different. So I asked what was different? Turns out she was busy and decided to buy the meatballs and hoped no one noticed. These meatballs had breadcrumbs and cheese in them...argh! I was disappointed in myself  which lead to more disappointment which lead to eating pumpkin pie all by myself at night. Yep I said it...total fail!

I learned a good lesson here however. I'm not ready to go out and I should always stick to what I bring and make for now. After only a week in, I need more structure.

On a good note I had lost 8 pounds (then up to 6 pounds after the pie and meatballs thing) in the first week.

It's day 7 today and I'm back on track and ready to take on week 2!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie,
    I'm really proud of you that you aren't giving up on maintaining a healthy weight!
    About 2 years ago I lost 55 lbs only to gain it all back. Lost 25 early this year and gained it back! But I'm not giving up either!!! I'm a week and a half into a program to help me lose weight. My focus is small attainable goals. I just read an article online about goals...setting small goals and attaining them gives you the confidence and sense of accomplishment to keep going.
    Don't give up ! Your worth the effort it will take to accomplish your goals!
    Have a healthy balanced week!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any update Carrie? I'm really interested to see your progress. I want to use smoothies to lose weight too but I'm finding it hard to motivate myself

    ReplyDelete